Flexibility exercise is an important part of your exercise regimen. Flexibility involves stretching muscles and tendons through controlled stretching. Performing flexibility exercises helps to stretch the muscle groups to prevent injury, promote range of motion and flexibility of joints, help with activities of daily living, and provide pain relief.
- Perform after every aerobic and resistance exercise session
- Only stretch warm muscle
- Stretch major muscle and tendon group
- 10 minutes
- 10-30 seconds for each stretch
- Repeat each stretch 3-4 times
Equipment you will need:
- Foam roller (if needed)
- Resistance Bands (if needed)
Check out a Yoga or Pilates class to help change up your stretching and flexibility routine.